Welcome 2015! With three weeks under way you may still be deciding on new goals, actively avoiding goals or already feeling like you are behind. No matter where you are in the goal setting and achieving process, these 7 Tips for Goal Success support you in making the changes you want to see for this year.
- Write down the goal. Keep it where you read it at least once a day.
- Be positive. Set your goals by stating what you can do and make it fun when possible. Exercise with a friend, list what you can eat or set aside uninterrupted personal time.
- Set realistic expectations. Going from 0 to 60 with goal setting will end in disaster. Instead take the slow and steady approach. You didn’t get where you are today in 30 days.
- Be specific. A resolution of better health is too broad. Focus on one or two areas. When you have created a positive habit in those areas add new goals.
- Create a game plan that includes rewards! Proper research and resources set you up for success. Including a nonfood reward for progress and meeting the goal with help keep your incentive.
- Have support from someone who will be encouraging, inspiring and hold you accountable. It can be family, friends, a personal trainer or life coach.
- Accept mistakes. Learn from setbacks, forgive yourself and keep going.